Our client is currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Technician to fill an opening at Triaga Inc, a fully owned subsidiary of Philip Morris International (PMI). The position will be based in Wilson, NC. PMI is totally transforming its business, and building a future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of millions of smokers.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join PMI, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Benefits of Warehouse Technician
Requirements of the Warehouse Technician
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401k or long term incentives
- Company perks
- Be a part of a revolutionary change
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Technician
- High School diploma or Tech school certification/diploma, or 1+ years work experience in an applicable environment
- On the job experience (1-2 years) of operating, maintenance, and cleaning of production/manufacturing machinery
- Must be familiar with 5S, Root Cause Analysis, SMED
- Must be able to read electrical documents/drawings
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to do so within 5 weeks of the employment start date, or face termination
- Flexible regarding hours; four ten-hour or eight five-hour days. Able to rotate first and second shift; understands that there will be rotating shifts between morning and evening, and eventually overnight, and is comfortable with this arrangement.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green-card holder)
- Proficient with Excel and knows how to use MS Office or similar operating platform
- Ability to communicate effectively, collaborate, receive constructive criticism, empathize, be self-aware, etc.
- Speaks smoothly and confidently without mistakes
- Ensure the operation of the production line, respecting and applying operational standards. Execute the standard daily activities of cleaning, inspection, lubrication, loading, and unloading of raw materials, semi-finished and finished goods.
- Perform activities to the assigned equipment to ensure continuous and reliable operation, maximize production and product quality according to TRIAGA safety and quality standards, and respect norms and regulations. Identify and resolve abnormalities to maintain the technical conditions/standards according to Equipment Manufacturer and TRIAGA Guidelines.
- Resolve breakdowns and perform proper equipment settings, adjustments, or small technical modifications. Analyze and resolve procedural problems of the equipment using standard problem-solving tools. Implement countermeasures to avoid reoccurrence.
- Analyze performance and quality indicators, support production to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) objectives, provide solutions to difficult technical issues, execute methodically troubleshooting methods and provide performance and activities FMEA, RCFA reports.
- Create competitive advantages on existing company physical assets by providing innovative technical solutions for strategic company decisions and cost-reduction projects.
- Work with the maintenance team to optimize the reliability and efficiency of equipment by improving proactive and reactive methods and cost. Manage spare parts availability and proper use of equipment.
- Support the installation of new assets and executes start-up achieving full reliable equipment in cooperation with Machine Manufacturer and best practices sharing from other affiliates.
- Support and coordinate production trials and be able to document the results in reports.
- Monitor all technical changes on equipment and update technical manuals of equipment.